Issued 03:00 AM NDT 09 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots with gusts to 20 along the coast. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 20 near noon then increasing to northeast 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to northeast 20 Wednesday morning then veering to east 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain today tonight and Wednesday morning. Fog patches forming this afternoon and dissipating overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:27 PM EDT 8 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4712N 5252W to 5115N 4820W to 5555N 5055W to 5700N 5330W to 5930N
5640W to 6025N 5155W to 5820N 4655W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5044N 5924W to Newfoundland near 4957N 5741W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 9 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today departing trough located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 1008 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 1007 mb located over the South
Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
east-west over the Great Northern Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM NDT 9 August 2022 A low pressure system approaching from Southern Quebec will track
across southern waters tonight and Wednesday. Strong to gale force
northeasterlies are expected just north of the low, while strong
southwesterlies are expected to its south.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south and Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: