Issued 03:00 AM NST 23 January 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots backing to west 20 this afternoon then to southwest 25 overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Friday afternoon then veering to north 10 to 15 Friday evening.
Flurries overnight and Friday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 to plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4930N 5225W
to 5015N 5505W to 5125N 5240W to 5455N 5255W to 5625N 5555W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 3:00 a.m. NST Friday weakening ridge located over the Grand
At 3:00 a.m. NST today low 1008 mb located southeast of the
By 8:00 p.m. NST tonight departing low 992 mb located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. NST Friday approaching trough located from Labrador
Sea to the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:00 PM NST 22 January 2020 A low pressure system approaching from the south will cross extreme
southeastern waters tonight. Gale to storm force northeast to
northwesterlies are expected to develop in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Northern Grand Banks and Southeastern Grand Banks. Gale warnings are
in effect for Funk Island Bank - southern half and Southwestern Grand
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle and East Coast - north of Cape St.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: