Issued 10:00 AM NDT 18 October 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to south 15 to 20 this afternoon then veering to southwest 10 to 15 this evening. Wind veering to west 20 Saturday evening.
Showers and fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 October 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Oct estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5200N 5555W to 5130N 5400W to 5330N 5030W to 5500N 5100W to
5700N 5600W to 6100N 5900W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 18 October 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 989 mb located over northeastern
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 993 mb located over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM NDT 18 October 2019 A low pressure system over Northeastern New Brunswick will move to
lie over the Quebec Lower North Shore this afternoon then drift
slowly northeastward across Southeastern Labrador tonight and
Saturday. Strong to gale force east to southeasterly winds will
continue to spread northeastward across the marine district this
morning as this system approaches. Winds will veer to moderate to
strong southerly later today as the weakening low passes to the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast, Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: