Issued 10:00 AM NDT 15 June 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this evening and to southeast 30 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon Wednesday.
Showers Wednesday. Fog patches dissipating early this evening. Fog banks forming near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5408N 5721W to 5429N
5525W to 5514N 5647W to Labrador near 5508N 5858W. Sea ice within
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5814N 6235W to 5737N
6000W to 5802N 5909W then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:01 PM EDT 14 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4950N 5547W to 5000N 5345W to 5105N 5230W to 5540N 5200W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5800W to 5730N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5810W to Newfoundland near 5034N 5721W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 15 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 1004 mb located over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday low 1000 mb located over the Quebec
Lower North Shore.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today Tropical Storm Bill 999 mb located at
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday Post-tropical Storm Bill 1006 mb located
at 44.7N 57.6W.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the eastern Marine
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:58 AM NDT 15 June 2021 At 10:00 A.M. NDT, tropical storm Bill was located near latitude 39.6
north and longitude 63.8 west, about 310 nautical miles south of
Halifax. Maximum sustained winds were estimated at 45 knots and
central pressure at 997 MB. Tropical storm Bill was moving northeast
at 27 knots. Tropical storm Bill is expected to transition into a
post-tropical storm late today before dissipating over Banquereau
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: