Issued 03:00 AM NDT 30 September 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots backing to south 25 this evening then veering to southwest 30 overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 Thursday afternoon.
Showers Thursday. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2020 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5157N 5555W to 5200N 5330W to 5300N 5000W to 5530N 5200W to
5700N 5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 30 September 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 998 mb located near New England.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 962 mb located south of Ungava Bay.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the West Coast of Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today dissipating trough located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM NDT 30 September 2020 A trough of low pressure will approach from the west today and
tonight. Strong to gale force south to southwesterlies will spread
across gulf and northern waters tonight as the trough approaches.
Winds will gradually ease throughout the day on Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf-Port au Port, Northeast
Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: