Issued 03:30 PM NST 20 January 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to west 25 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to west 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray Tuesday morning and afternoon.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 8 to minus 3 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4920N 5210W
to 5025N 5535W to 5155N 5330W to 5520N 5435W to 5655N 5700W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South CoastIssued 3:30 PM NST 20 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NST 20 January 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. NST today low 990 mb located over eastern Belle
By 3:30 a.m. NST Tuesday low 986 mb located east of Labrador Sea.
At 3:30 p.m. NST today ridge located south of the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM NST 20 January 2020 A low pressure system located over the Belle Isle Bank will move to
lie east of the Labrador Sea on Tuesday. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected in the wake of the low.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for the
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
and the Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: