Issued 10:00 AM NDT 18 May 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots early this evening then veering to south 15 late overnight. Wind backing to southeast 15 to 20 Wednesday morning then increasing to southeast 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain ending near midnight. Rain Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5359N 5717W to 5447N 5644W to
5514N 5725W to 5558N 5647W to 5802N 5929W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 17 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4924N 5400W to 5145N 5005W to 5525N 5040W to 5545N 4900W to 5900N
4555W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Quebec near
5108N 5844W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the East Coast of
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line north-south
over the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over the Gaspe Peninsula.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: