Issued 08:00 PM NST 21 January 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light after midnight then becoming northeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 7 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W to 4920N 5210W
to 5025N 5520W to 5155N 5330W to 5500N 5400W to 5655N 5700W to 5800N
5730W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5223N 5538W to 5330N 5400W to 5700N 5600W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NST 21 January 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight ridge located over the southern Grand
By 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. NST tonight trough located over Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Wednesday departing trough located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. NST Wednesday approaching low 1013 mb located southwest
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM NST 21 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Strait of Belle Isle, Gulf waters, Northeast Coast, Belle
Isle Bank, and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: