Issued 08:00 PM NDT 23 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 25 late overnight then diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Rain and fog patches ending Tuesday morning. Risk of thunderstorms this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5125N 5700W to
Newfoundland near 5115N 5647W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5052N 5554W to
5044N 5323W to 5447N 5131W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4645N 4615W to 4850N 4615W to 5100N 4720W to 5715N
5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 23 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 999 mb located northeast
of Belle Isle Bank.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Tuesday departing trough located south of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
the southern Grand Banks.
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located over the
southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: