Issued 10:00 AM NDT 30 March 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind north 25 knots veering to northeast 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind northeast 15 to 20 Tuesday.
Showers tonight and Tuesday morning. Fog patches forming Tuesday evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in showers and 1 mile or less in fog patches.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4655N 4750W
to 4810N 4720W to 4945N 4955W to 5300N 5030W to 5530N 5310W to 5630N
5700W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4505N 4700W to 4610N 4500W to 4800N 4415W to 4920N
4420W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to 5800N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6041W to Newfoundland near 4844N 5836W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south over
the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday ridge located over northern Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:40 AM NDT 30 March 2020 A trough of low pressure over the Grand Banks will move slowly
westward to lie northeast to southwest over Newfoundland Tuesday
evening. Strong to gale force northerlies are forecast just west of
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, Gulf - Port au Port, East Coast
- Cape St Francis and south and Northeast Coast - north of Cape St.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: