Issued 08:00 PM NDT 18 May 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind southeast 15 to 20 Wednesday.
Showers this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5359N 5717W to 5447N 5644W to
5514N 5725W to 5558N 5647W to 5802N 5929W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:54 PM EDT 18 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 May estimated from Newfoundland near
5106N 5548W to 5245N 5235W to 5600N 5330W to 5955N 5455W to 6010N
5115W to 5625N 5030W to 5610N 4930W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 May estimated from Quebec near
5108N 5844W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 18 May 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
southeastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over the Maritimes.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: