Issued 08:00 PM NDT 09 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind east 30 knots backing to northeast 25 late overnight then diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches ending Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 9 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5247W to 5315N 4925W to 5555N 5055W to 5700N 5330W to 6020N
5800W to 6105N 5325W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Aug estimated from Newfoundland
near 4948N 5750W to Quebec near 5038N 5931W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 9 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1008 mb located south of the Burin
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday departing low 1012 mb located over the
eastern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
the Great Northern Peninsula.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:01 PM NDT 9 August 2022 A low pressure system passing south of the Burin Peninsula this
evening will track across the Southern Grand Banks overnight and
Wednesday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies are expected just
north of the low, while strong southwesterlies are expected to its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south and Northern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: