Issued 03:00 AM NDT 29 March 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind north 25 knots today tonight and Monday.
Flurries or showers ending this evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 March 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4630N 4700W
to 4800N 4645W to 4945N 4945W to 5300N 5030W to 5500N 5200W to 5630N
5600W to 5800N 5730W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:08 PM EDT 28 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4600N 5130W to 4525N 4620W to 4700N 4420W to 4900N
4420W to 5100N 4550W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to
5800N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5017N 6037W to Newfoundland near 4852N 5826W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NDT 29 March 2020 A trough of low pressure in a line from the Southeastern Grand Banks
to the Eastern Funk Island Bank will remain stationary today and
Monday. Strong to gale force northerlies west of the trough will
gradually diminish on Monday as the trough weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St Francis and south, the Northern Grand Banks -
western half and the Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: