Issued 03:00 AM NST 23 February 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon and to light near midnight. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Flurries ending this morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4845N 4925W
to 5355N 5015W to 5655N 5805W to 5800N 5905W then northward. Sea ice
west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4748N 4725W to 4900N 4645W to 5045N 4720W to 5400N
5000W to 6230N 5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NST today trough located over Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Monday departing trough located east of Funk
At 3:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located southeast
of the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM NST 23 February 2020 A trough of low pressure over Labrador will cross Belle Isle Bank
this afternoon before departing out to sea tonight. Strong
southwesterlies are expected ahead of the trough over most waters.
Winds will veer to strong to gale force northwesterlies over
northeastern waters behind it.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northeast Coast, Belle Isle Bank and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: