Issued 10:00 AM NDT 08 April 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots backing to south 15 to 20 this afternoon then diminishing to light Thursday morning.
Flurries this afternoon tonight and Thursday.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 7 April 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5240W to 4820N 5030W
to 4850N 5005W to 5500N 5300W to 5615N 5725W to 5800N 5845W then
northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 4:40 PM EDT 7 April 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4745N 5613W to 4510N 5550W to 4455N 4655W to 4621N 4510W to 4940N
4425W to 5330N 4800W to 5830N 5430W to 5630N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 8 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6037W to Newfoundland near 4904N 5824W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 8 April 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today low 995 mb located over southern Labrador
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Thursday dissipating low 999 mb located south of
By 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight approaching low 991 mb located south of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: