Issued 10:00 AM NST 04 December 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind east 15 knots increasing to east 25 near noon then backing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 late overnight then becoming light near noon Tuesday.
Snow or rain changing to scattered flurries or scattered showers overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5213N 5538W to 5348N 5518W to
5559N 5947W to 6031N 6404W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 3 December 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5133N 5531W to 5245N 4900W to 5400N 4830W to 5830N 5630W to 6025N
5305W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 4 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5141N 5631W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5603W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. NST today low 993 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing low 986 mb located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the northern Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:53 AM NST 4 December 2023 A low pressure system located over the Laurentian Fan will cross the
Southern Grand Banks today. Strong to gale force east to
northeasterly winds will develop north of the low while westerly
gales are expected to its south.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Southern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: