Issued 10:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots backing to northeast 45 this afternoon and locally gusts to 55 along the coast. Wind becoming north 45 Saturday morning.
Snow changing to flurries or showers Saturday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 3 to 5 near noon then subsiding to 2 to 3 Saturday evening.
Issued 03:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
Sunday Wind north 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 in the afternoon.
Monday Wind north 15 to 20 knots.
Tuesday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 7:27 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 7:27 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4647N 5257W to 4707N 5014W
to 4910N 4847W to 5021N 5342W to 5459N 5204W to 5600N 5622W to 5803N
5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4530N 5510W to 4425N 4600W to 4725N 4400W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5850N 4755W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6050W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
South CoastIssued 10:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM NDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Funk Island Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing ridge located east of the Marine
At 10:00 a.m. NDT today deepening low 989 mb located near Nova
By 10:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 981 mb located over the southeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:46 AM NDT 24 March 2023 A deepening low pressure system near Nova Scotia will track south of
Newfoundland today and slowly move across the Grand Banks on
Saturday. Gale to storm force southeast to northeasterly winds will
develop today ahead of the low before shifting to strong to gale
force north to northwesterly winds in its wake. Strong to gale force
west to southwesterly winds are expected over the Southern Grand
Banks tonight and Saturday, south of the track of the low.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Grand Banks. Gale warnings are in effect for Southwest Coast,
South Coast, East Coast, Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south,
and Funk Island Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: