Issued 03:30 PM NDT 14 July 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 to 20 knots this evening except northeast 30 along the coast. Wind becoming northeast 25 Wednesday morning with gusts to 35 along the coast.
Rain overnight and Wednesday. Fog banks dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 July 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5750N 6145W to 5900N 6130W
then northward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 14 July 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4839N 5305W to 5055N 4735W to 5445N 4850W to 6030N 5930W to 6115N
5830W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5115N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5726W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 14 July 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Coast of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday approaching low 1013 mb located near
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday building ridge located over Belle
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: