Issued 03:00 AM NDT 23 March 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeast 20 knots becoming southwest 15 to 20 early this morning then increasing to southwest 25 this afternoon and locally gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 near midnight and to light Saturday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Saturday evening.
Showers or drizzle and fog banks ending this afternoon. A few flurries beginning Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4905N 4925W
to 5530N 5210W to 5635N 5510W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4530N 5314W to 4500N 4744W to 4515N 4529W to 4700N
4529W to 5100N 4744W to 5300N 4929W to 5600N 5144W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today low 990 mb located southwest of Cape
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 1000 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough from 990 mb low located from the
low to the Grand Banks.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT Saturday approaching ridge located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM NDT 23 March 2018 A low pressure system southwest of Cape Breton Island and an
associated trough stretching eastward across the Grand Banks will
move northward today to lie from Central Newfoundland to Northern
Funk Island Bank by tonight. Strong to gale force east to
northeasterlies can be expected to the north of these features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except South Coast, East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south,
and the Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: