Issued 03:00 AM NDT 22 May 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 15 knots this morning and to southwest 15 to 20 overnight. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Showers Monday evening. Fog patches forming Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 May 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5730W to
Newfoundland near 5052N 5700W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5050N 5559W to
5057N 5330W to 5515N 5300W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5405W to 4620N 5300W to 4620N 4725W to 4820N 4700W to 5100N
4735W to 5715N 5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM NDT 22 May 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. NDT today trough located over southeastern Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing trough located east of Belle
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Monday approaching low 1002 mb located over the
Quebec Lower North Shore.
At 3:00 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Grand Banks.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM NDT 22 May 2022 A trough of low pressure over Labrador will generate strong to gale
force southwesterlies over Belle Isle Bank this morning. Winds will
diminish as the trough moves east of Belle Isle Bank.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Belle Isle Bank.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: