Issued 08:00 PM NDT 21 August 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind east 15 to 20 knots increasing to east 25 late this evening then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming west 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers ending Wednesday morning. Fog banks dissipating Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4545N 4445W to 4700N 4445W to 5100N
4800W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM NDT 21 August 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
Funk Island Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday departing ridge located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. NDT tonight low 1011 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday low 1010 mb located over Funk Island
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: