Issued 03:30 PM NDT 21 September 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 25 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 early this evening and to light late overnight. Wind increasing to west 15 Sunday morning and to west 20 to 25 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 September 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5049N 5600W to 5115N 4900W to 5300N 4930W to 5700N 5500W to 6100N
5800W to 6200N 5600W 5900N 5000W then eastward.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5125N 5657W to Newfoundland near 5114N 5644W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 21 September 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today Post-tropical Storm Humberto 982 mb located
at 46.6N 46.6W.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing Post-tropical Storm Humberto
984 mb located at 46.6N 42.6W.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today departing trough located east of Funk
At 3:30 p.m. NDT Sunday approaching low located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM NDT 21 September 2019 At 3.30 PM NDT, post-tropical storm Humberto was located near
latitude 46.2 north and longitude 46.6 west, about 300 nautical miles
or 555 kilometres east-northeast of Cape Race. Maximum sustained
winds are estimated at 45 knots and central pressure at 982 MB.
Humberto is moving east-northeastward at 25 knots. Humberto will
continue east-northeastward and weaken as it tracks away from the
Grand Banks this evening.
Strong to gale force northwesterlies behind Humberto will gradually
weaken tonight as it moves eastward and weakens.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies are forecast for western waters
late Sunday ahead of a low pressure system moving through Labrador.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Strait of Belle Isle, Northeast Gulf, East Coast, Funk Island Bank,
Northern Grand Banks, and Southeastern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: