Sable - western half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 21 October 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 20 this afternoon and to northwest 25 to 30 this evening. Wind backing to westerly 20 to 25 Monday afternoon.
Showers ending Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5030N 5619W to 5030N 5400W to 5130N 5045W to 5430N 5045W to 5800N
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 October 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from East Scotian Slope to
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located southeast of the Marine
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday building ridge located south of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:56 AM ADT 21 October 2018 A trough of low pressure extending southwestward from Western
Newfoundland will move to lie east of the district overnight tonight.
Gale force southerly winds ahead of the trough will become strong to
gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Banquereau, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: