Sable - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 19 June 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind westerly 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 10 to 15 near midnight then backing to southwest 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 June 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4706N 5508W to 4615N 5330W to 4500N 4700W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4500W to 5700N 5100W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5016N 6023W to Newfoundland near 4903N 5822W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 19 June 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today cold front located south of Nova Scotia.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing cold front located over the
southwestern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:14 PM ADT 19 June 2018 A cold front south of Nova Scotia will track across the southern
marine district this evening. Strong to gale force south to
southwesterlies ahead of the cold front will shift to moderate to
strong northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope - southeastern half, Banquereau - southeastern
half and Laurentian Fan.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: