Issued 08:00 PM AST 20 February 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming southerly 15 Wednesday morning then increasing to southwest 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending near noon Wednesday. Fog banks.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4500N 5755W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 February 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4800N 5300W to 4900N 4800W to 5015N 4715W to 5115N 4715W to 5700N
5330W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Newfoundland
near 5134N 5600W to the Labrador coast near 5154N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 20 February 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line east-west over
southern Nova Scotia.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Wednesday trough located on a line east-west over
At 3:30 p.m. AST Wednesday low 1007 mb located north of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday low 1000 mb located northeast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:49 PM AST 20 February 2018 A trough of low pressure over Southern Nova Scotia will slowly move
north to lie over Anticosti by Wednesday afternoon. North of the
trough moderate to strong northeasterlies will give freezing spray
over open waters of the Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti marine regions.
A low pressure system north of Maine Wednesday afternoon will move
northeast to lie near Southeast Labrador Wednesday evening. Strong
northwesterlies developing behind the low over Gulf of St Lawrence
waters could possibly reach gale force late Wednesday evening.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: