Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 September 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots becoming variable 15 this evening then increasing to northeast 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 30 Wednesday morning.
Rain at times heavy beginning this evening with a risk of thunderstorms changing to a few showers Wednesday morning. Fog patches dissipating Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 September 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5255W to 4815N 4800W to 5300N 4800W to 5800N 5700W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5142N 5625W to Newfoundland near 5128N 5614W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 September 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from Lurcher to Banquereau.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located from Georges Bank to
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 1003 mb located over Browns Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low 1002 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM ADT 18 September 2018 A trough of low pressure extending from Lurcher to Banquereau will
slowly slide southward tonight to lie over the southern slope waters
Wednesday morning. Strong southwesterly winds ahead of the trough
will increase to strong to gale force northeasterlies in its wake.
Additionally, a low will track across southern marine waters tonight
and Wednesday. Strong southwesterlies are expected south of the low
with strong to gale force northeasterlies north of it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan northern half, Gulf-Magdalen northern
half, and Chaleur-Miscou eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: