Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 17 February 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to westerly 15 to 25 near noon then diminishing to light Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon and to easterly 25 to 35 Tuesday evening.
Flurries ending this morning. Snow Tuesday evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
High today minus 7. Low tonight minus 18. High Tuesday minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4535N 5945W to 4540N 5835W to 4730N 5955W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice along the coast in the western section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 17 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 17 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today high 1029 mb located over the Great Lakes.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Tuesday departing high 1036 mb located over
At 3:00 a.m. EST today building low located over the Midwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 1010 mb located north of Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: