Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 19 January 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 10 to 20 knots backing to northeast 15 to 25 early this evening then becoming northwest 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to westerly 15 to 25 late overnight and to westerly 25 to 35 Monday morning. Wind diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 19 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 19 January 2020 Tonight and Monday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 993 mb located over Nova Scotia.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Monday departing low 992 mb located over eastern
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday ridge located from the Great Lakes to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: