Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 22 January 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 20 near noon and to light near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 15 overnight and to northeast 25 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 30 to 40 Tuesday afternoon.
Snow beginning Tuesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 17 rising to minus 7 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4505N
6045W to 4605N 5925W to 4835N 6125W to 4945N 6000W to 5005N 5815W to
4820N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4810N 5850W. Sea ice north of the
9 plus tenths grey ice including 4 tenths grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 22 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 22 January 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Saguenay River.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Havre Saint-Pierre.
At 7:00 a.m. EST today low 998 mb located southwest of the Great
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday deepening low 996 mb located over Cornwall.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: