Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 28 January 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 late this morning then backing to westerly 10 to 20 this afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind northwest 20 to 30 Wednesday.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
8 tenths grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 995 mb located near Îles-de-la-Madeleine.
By 1:00 p.m. EST today departing low 995 mb located south of
At 3:00 a.m. EST today high 1025 mb located over northwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday high 1031 mb located over northwestern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: