Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to westerly 25 to 35 early this morning then diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to light Sunday evening.
Flurries ending near noon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Over open water risk of freezing spray today tonight and Sunday morning.
Temperatures minus 8 rising to minus 1 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4515N 6040W to 4535N 5740W to 4710N 5815W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 22 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 22 February 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the East Coast of the U.S.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday departing ridge located south of Nova
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 984 mb located near Hudson Bay.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday departing low 987 mb located over Labrador
At 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday low 1002 mb located over Manitoba.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 1000 mb located 250 miles north of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: