Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 18 February 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to southeasterly 20 to 30 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeasterly 10 to 15 near midnight then increasing to west 30 to 40 Wednesday morning.
Snow beginning this evening changing to flurries near noon Wednesday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures minus 14 rising to minus 3 Wednesday morning then falling to minus 11 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4605N 5815W to 4715N 5900W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice along the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 18 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 18 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 a.m. EST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 7:00 a.m. EST today building low located over the Midwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 988 mb located over Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: