Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 20 February 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 to 45 knots diminishing to west 25 to 35 late this morning then becoming westerly 25 Friday morning. Wind backing to south 10 to 20 Friday evening.
Flurries ending early this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 18 rising to minus 10 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4605N 5815W to 4715N 5900W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey-white ice along the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 20 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 20 February 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Nova Scotia.
At 1:00 p.m. EST Friday trough located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over western Quebec.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: