Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 30 November 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeasterly 20 to 30 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 this evening except south 50 near the coast. Wind becoming southeast 20 to 30 early Tuesday morning then diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Rain tonight and Tuesday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 30 November 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5000N 6645W to 4845N 6200W to
5015N 5915W to Quebec near 5045N 5900W. Sea ice north of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 30 November 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 30 November 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 7:00 a.m. EST Tuesday departing ridge located off Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today intensifying low 1008 mb located over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 994 mb located northwest of Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: