Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 25 February 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots increasing to northwesterly 30 to 40 late this morning then diminishing to west 25 Friday evening.
Flurries today tonight and Friday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray this afternoon tonight and Friday.
High today minus 4. Low tonight minus 13. High Friday minus 8.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4648N 6053W to 4759N 6110W
to 4733N 6250W to 4835N 6224W to 4946N 5910W to Newfoundland near
4755N 5924W. Sea ice west then north then east of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 plus tenths grey ice including 4 tenths
grey-white ice in the southern and western sections.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 25 February 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 25 February 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 995 mb located over Maine.
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight departing low 982 mb located over
At 7:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: