Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 21 March 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind northeast 20 to 30 Thursday.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 4 tenths grey-white ice including a trace of
first-year ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 21 March 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today high 1031 mb located over James Bay.
By 8:00 a.m. EDT Thursday dissipating high 1030 mb located over
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today low 993 mb located off the East Coast of
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Thursday low 990 mb located south of Nova Scotia.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - northern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - southern half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: