Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 25 January 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southerly 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to westerly 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to west 15 to 25 overnight. Wind west 15 to 25 Wednesday.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 14 rising to minus 9 this evening then falling to minus 17 Wednesday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4359N 6440W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4755N 6125W to 4715N 6300W to 4830N 6200W to
5000N 5900W to 4725N 5945W to Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice
west then south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 25 January 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 1:00 a.m. EST Wednesday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador Sea.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1006 mb located over the eastern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday departing low 991 mb located over
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: