Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 29 January 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 20 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near midnight. Wind backing to westerly 20 to 25 late Thursday morning.
Flurries ending near midnight. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 10.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 29 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 29 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 29 January 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 p.m. EST today high 1030 mb located over northwestern
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday high 1028 mb located near Québec city.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: