Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 22 May 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots becoming light late this evening then increasing to northerly 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind becoming variable 15 early Wednesday afternoon.
Rain ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 May 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6015W to 5000N 6000W to
5100N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5050N 5705W. Sea ice north of the
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 10:15 PM EDT 22 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 22 May 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today low 1011 mb located northeast of Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight departing low 1006 mb located near Gaspé.
At 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight cold front from low located from Saguenay
River to Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Wednesday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Maine.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: