Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 22 March 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 early this evening then becoming light near midnight. Wind increasing to east 10 to 15 Thursday morning and to east 15 to 25 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to east 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Snow Thursday late in the day. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray today.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to minus 1 Thursday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 7:13 AM EDT 22 March 2023 Today
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except consolidated first-year ice along parts of the
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 08:22 AM EDT 22 March 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 22 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 8:00 p.m. EDT tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Thursday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Québec city.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: