Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 05 December 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this afternoon then increasing to west 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to west 20 to 30 overnight. Wind west 20 to 30 Friday.
Periods of snow beginning this morning.
Risk of freezing spray Friday.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 DECEMBER 2019 TODAY TONIGHT AND FRIDAY
Ice EdgeICE EDGE ESTIMATED FROM NEW BRUNSWICK NEAR 4630N 6440W TO 4850N
6335W TO 4850N 6110W TO 5050N 5805W TO NEWFOUNDLAND NEAR 5035N
5720W. SEA ICE NORTH AND WEST OF THE ICE EDGE.
OPEN WATER EXCEPT 2 TENTHS NEW ICE ALONG PARTS OF THE COASTS.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 5 December 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Anticosti Island.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Lake Superior.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: