Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 16 March 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 25 late overnight. Wind northwest 25 Saturday.
Chance of flurries tonight and Saturday.
Over open water risk of freezing spray tonight and Saturday.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 9 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:23 AM EDT 16 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4515N 6105W to 4510N 6030W
to 4555N 5910W to 4740N 6000W to 4815N 6230W to 4940N 5945W to 4725N
5925W to Newfoundland near 4740N 5755W. Sea ice north of the ice
1 tenth grey-white ice except 7 tenths grey-white ice including a
trace of first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:00 PM EDT 16 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 16 March 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today low 976 mb located north of Natashquan.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday low 979 mb located northeast of
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Lake Superior.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Saturday ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Montréal.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: