Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 24 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 early this morning then becoming northerly 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind veering to easterly 15 Tuesday morning then becoming westerly 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this morning.
Temperatures minus 10 falling to minus 16 this morning then rising to minus 9 Tuesday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4359N 6440W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4755N 6125W to 4715N 6300W to 4830N 6200W to
5000N 5900W to 4725N 5945W to Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice
west then south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
3 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice except 5 tenths grey ice
including 1 tenth grey-white ice in the extreme southwestern
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 07:42 AM EST 24 January 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Natashquan.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight low 1005 mb located over Lake Huron.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 1009 mb located over the Gulf of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: