Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 19 March 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 15 to 20 early Tuesday afternoon.
Flurries ending near noon Tuesday. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Tuesday morning.
Low tonight minus 8. High Tuesday minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 March 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4550N 5815W to 4655N 5755W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Open water except 8 tenths grey-white ice including a trace of
first-year ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 19 March 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today quasi-stationary low located over Labrador
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Lake Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Québec city.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: