Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EDT 24 May 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming southeast 15 knots early this evening then backing to northeast 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light early Monday morning then increasing to southwest 15 near noon Monday. Wind increasing to southwest 20 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeThe ice edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:00 PM EDT 24 May 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EDT 24 May 2020 Tonight and Monday At 3:00 p.m. EDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Labrador.
By 3:00 p.m. EDT Monday departing ridge located east of Labrador.
At 3:00 p.m. EDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over James Bay.
By 3:00 p.m. EDT Monday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over northern Quebec.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: