Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 09:41 PM EST 04 February 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwesterly 25 knots backing to southwest 20 near midnight then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 early Sunday evening.
Flurries. Visibility near zero in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Sunday evening.
Low tonight minus 17. High Sunday minus 6.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 February 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4538N 6452W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4543N 6215W to 4635N
6150W to 4650N 6339W to 4800N 6300W to 4900N 6330W to 4845N 6130W to
5045N 5740W to 4815N 5945W to 4722N 5923W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from 4658N 6157W to 4713N 6215W to 4753N
6129W to 4738N 6105W to 4658N 6157W. Sea ice within the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 9:41 PM EST 04 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 4 February 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 p.m. EST today departing low 964 mb located over Labrador
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
At 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday low 1008 mb located near Lake Superior.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 1010 mb located north of Lake Ontario.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: