Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 20 February 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to east 15 to 25 Thursday morning.
Snow beginning Thursday morning and ending Thursday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
High today minus 12. Low tonight minus 17. High Thursday minus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4510N 6610W Nova
Scotia near 4440N 6550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4400N 6440W to 4500N
6130W to 4430N 5835W to 4555N 5715W to 4720N 5850W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth first-year ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 20 February 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located from New England to Ungava Bay.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday dissipating ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today building low 1013 mb located over the
By 7:00 p.m. EST Thursday low 1003 mb located over New Brunswick.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: