Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 16 January 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots early this morning and to east 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind increasing to east 35 to 45 this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 Sunday evening.
Snow overnight and Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 2 rising to plus 1 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4545N 6240W to Prince
Edward Island near 4600N 6240W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince Edward Island near 4625N 6310W
to 4715N 6405W to 4840N 6345W to 4845N 6150W to 5040N 5820W to
Newfoundland near 5035N 5720W. Sea ice west and north of the ice
Open water except 2 tenths grey ice along parts of the coast and in
the western section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 16 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 16 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today high 1023 mb located over the Gulf of
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday high 1021 mb located off Labrador Coast.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1002 mb located over Cape Hatteras.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 978 mb located west of Anticosti Island.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: