Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 18 March 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots today tonight and Monday.
Snow beginning overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Risk of freezing spray today tonight and Monday morning.
Temperatures minus 9 rising to minus 1 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 March 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4535N 5900W to 4705N 5900W to 4700N 5715W to Newfoundland near
4730N 5610W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
1 tenth grey-white ice except 7 tenths grey-white ice including a
trace of first-year ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 18 March 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today quasi-stationary low located over Labrador
At 3:00 a.m. EDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Lake Ontario.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: