Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots diminishing to north 10 to 15 this evening and to light Friday morning. Wind becoming southwest 15 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday dissipating trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over southern Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM ADT 21 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 12:00 A.M. ADT hurricane nigel was
located near 39.0 north and 50.4 west, or about 885 kilometres
south-southeast of Cape Race Newfoundland. Maximum sustained winds
are estimated at 80 knots. Minimum central pressure is 973 MB.
Nigel is moving northeast at 22 knots. Nigel will continue
accelerating northeastward over the next couple days.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - eastern half
- West Scotian Slope - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: