Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 15 near noon Saturday. Wind veering to northwest 15 Saturday evening.
Scattered showers Saturday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the western Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located from the Gulf of Maine
to Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday trough located over Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:33 PM ADT 22 September 2023 Tropical cyclone information: at 6:00 P.M. ADT tropical storm Ophelia
was located near 32.9 north and 76.3 west. Maximum sustained winds
were 60 knots and the minimum central pressure was 986 MB. Ophelia
was moving north northwest at 11 knots. There will be no impacts to
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: